You are here
Dr. Leppik’s research background is in the fields of molecular biology and virology in Russia and Germany. Specifically her research focused on human genome activity and regulation of gene expression during tumor genesis and development and differentiation. Her current research at FIRM focuses on tissue development and regeneration.
|2005-2009||ATV, DKFZ Heidelberg, Germany|
|PhD||2000 – 2004||PhD in molecular biology.
Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, RAS, Moscow, Russia.
Specialisation – molecular biology
|Diploma||1995 - 2000||Master of Science Degree in Biochemistry.
Biological Faculty of Lomonosov Moscow State University.
Specialisation – molecular biology
Publications and presentations
- In vitro effect of direct current electrical stimulation on rat mesenchymal stem cells. – Sahba Mobini, Liudmila Leppik, Vishnu Thottakkattumana-Parameswaran, John H. Barker. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research: Part B - Applied Biomaterials (2016) (Submitted)
- Direct current electrical stimulation chamber for treating cells in vitro. – Sahba Mobini, Liudmila Leppik and John H. Barker. BIOTECHNIQUES (2016) 60(2):95-98. DOI: 10.2144/000114382
- Effects of electrical stimulation on rat limb regeneration, a new look at an old model. – Liudmila Leppik, Andrei Slavici, Dara Froemel, Zachri N Ovadia, Lukasz Hudak, Dirk Henrich, Ingo Marzi, and John H. Barker, Sci. Rep. (2015) 5, 18353; DOI: 10.1038/srep18353.
- Head Transplantation: Editorial Commentary. – Barker JH, Frank JM, Leppik L. CNS Neuroscience & Therapeutics (2015) 21, 613–614.
- Intragenomic rearrangement in TT viruses: a possible role in the pathogenesis of disease. de Villiers EM, Kimmel R, Leppik L, Gunst K. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol.; Review. 331:91-107 (2009)
- In vivo and in vitro intragenomic rearrangement of TT viruses. Leppik L, Gunst K, Lehtinen M, Dillner J, Streker K, de Villiers EM. J Virol. Sep;81(17):9346-56 (2007)
- Selective Differential Display of RNAs containing interspersed repeats: analysis of HERV-K LTRs transcription changes in germ cell tumors. T. Vinogradova, L. Leppik, E. Kalinina, P. Zhulidov, K.-H. Grzeschik, and E. Sverdlov. Mol Genet Genomics. 266:796-805 (2002)
- Solitary Human Endogenous Retroviruses-K LTRs Retain Transcription Activity in vivo, the Mode of Which is Different in Different Cell Types. T.V. Vinogradova, L.P. Leppik, L.G. Nikolaev, S.B. Akopov, A.M. Kleiman, N.B. Senyuta, E.D. Sverdlov Virology. 290:83-90 (2001)
- Fifth International Geminivirus Symposium, 3th International ssDNA - Comparative Virology Workshop, Ouro Preto, Brasil, May 20-26, (2007)
- DNA Tumor Viruses Meeting (Poster), Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California, 11-16 July, (2006)
- Second International Workshop on Retrotransposones and genome evolution. Sochi, Russia, April 20-22, (2003)
Fifth Copenhagen Workshop on Carcinoma in situ and Cancer of the Testis. (Poster), Denmark, August 29-31, (2002)
- Ninth International conference on AIDS, Cancer and related problems, St. Petersburg, Russia. (2001). Published in Russian journal “HIV/AIDS”, 5(1): 20 (2001)
- Human Genome Meeting, (Poster), Edinburgh, UK, April 19-22, (2001)
- Eighth International conference on AIDS, Cancer and related problems in St. Petersburg, Russia (2000). Published in Russian journal “HIV/AIDS”, 4(1): 79. (2000)
- Presentation of PhD thesis at International workshop on Endogenous Retroviruses and evolution of genome in Moscow, Russia (2000)
- Presentation of PhD thesis at Human Genome Meeting in Vancouver, Canada. April 9 -12, (2000)